Policy, Advocacy and Advice
The ASF advises our partners on how to create an enabling environment for community participation in environmentally responsible tourism. We have had the privilege of working with many of the key funders and decision makers in the conservation world including the following:
· The South African National Department of Tourism’s Responsible Tourism Framework funded by the International Labour Organisation;
· South African National Biodiversity Institute/Department of Environmental Affairs/ Department of Rural Development and Land Reform’s Biodiversity Stewardship Programme;
· The Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism concessions policy;
· USAID Speed Concessions workshop, Mozambique;
· The Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF). The CEPF is a joint initiative of l'Agence Française de Développement, Conservation International, the European Union, the Global Environment Facility, the Government of Japan, the MacArthur Foundation and the World Bank.
· Sustainable Tourism Certification Alliance Africa; and